Sunday, August 07, 2005

Germs Movie - Cast Party

Last night I went to the Dragonfly with Michelle to go to "What we do is secret" cast party. It was a repeat of the last time when the real Germs played with the fake Darby, the fake Germs played a couple of songs, and a lot of the "old" people were there.

Watching them gives me mixed emotions. Kind of sad, for what could have been if Darby was still alive, but happy too, because it was fun, Darby would have loved this and Pat and Lorna were smiling and looking great.

Fake Darby is Shane West, who really captures him, especially with those fake teeth he wears - I used to call Darby "the snake guy" at Uni before I knew his name, because his teeth reminded me of a snake for some reason. He can also do his voice really well and looks like him.

Last week I took Violet to the set to watch them film some of the movie. She was fascinated by it and she was up really late and didn't seem tired at all. She was very interested in meeting Tina who plays Michelle because she liked her in Napolean Dynamite.
Shane is so Darby to me, that I asked Michelle, "So what was that actor that plays Darby in?" and she told me he's on ER. The funny thing about this, is that I watch ER, and I didn't recognize that fake Darby was also the punk rock doctor on ER. Of course it also could be because I have a brain disconnect.

Last night during the show, I was trying to see if I could get a photo with my camera phone. Violet called at this point so I could see (not hear) that she was calling. I answered, but could not hear anything, so I went outside and called her back. She said she missed me and wanted me to come get her before but now she wanted me to get her in the morning. I told her the Germs were playing and she said "cool". Last week she quizzed me about the Germs and was very interested - asked a lot of questions about the Germs and things that Darby did.

I also thought it was so wonderful that this movie is finally getting made. Michelle has been working on this for years and although it is not done yet, it is finally a reality.

The population of the Dragonfly changed so much during the course of the evening. Towards the end of the party, after the set, they played music and people started dancing. On two platforms they had girls in skimpy outfits dancing. At first they were dancing to X - Los Angeles (I was thinking we never would have had girls in butt shorts and stripper clothes dancing on platforms) and the music slowly starting changing until it was full on Rap by the time we were leaving and there were husky bald guys entering the club and a row of huge expensive SUV's lined up at the Valet. Just a completely different scene altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home